Bathroom Renovations: Frequently Asked Questions
How long do bathroom renovations typically take?
The average bathroom renovation takes 4 to 6 weeks depending on the scale of the project. Bathroom Renovators aims to ensure your new space is completed as efficiently as possible according to a tailored project schedule.
What is the cost of a bathroom renovation?
Bathroom renovation costs vary depending on factors like the room’s current state, materials selected, layout, and additional features. At Bathroom Renovators, remodels typically range from $25,000 to $45,000. An in-home consultation will determine an estimate based on your priorities and our recommendations for your space and lifestyle.
What kind of warranty do you provide?
We provide a 5-year workmanship warranty on all bathroom renovations, as well as passing on 5-year producer’s statements for plumbing supplies and 5-year product warranties for selected fixtures and fittings. Your assurance and peace of mind in the work completed is our top priority.
How much experience do you have with bathroom renovations?
Bathroom Renovators has over 20 years of experience guiding homeowners through premium bathroom renovations. We keep up with the latest trends, technologies, and products to ensure we are experts in achieving stylish, functional spaces.
What is your typical process for a bathroom renovation?
Our process includes:
- Consultation: We get to know you, assess your current space, determine your needs, and provide renovation recommendations.
- Quote: We will provide a free customized quote for your desired renovation services based on the outcomes of our consultation.
- Demolition: We handle the removal of existing fixtures, cabinetry, flooring, and walls as required to prepare the bare room.
- Construction: Includes plumbing; electrical work; installation of new flooring, walls, cabinetry; tilework; painting, and all finishing touches.
- Inspection: We conduct a final inspection to ensure all work meets our standards before handing your new space back to you.
Are you licensed, insured and certified?
Yes, Bathroom Renovators is a fully licensed and insured business. Our staff and tradespeople are certified, experienced professionals.
What is your design approach?
- Basic cosmetic makeovers: New flooring, cabinetry fronts, countertop, and fixtures. We work with your existing layout.
- Minor layout changes: We may suggest small tweaks to your layout to improve function/flow wherever possible within the space.
- Custom designs: If you desire or your space requires a fully customized design, we create models and provide architectural plans for review and any consent required. Bathrooms that need a major overhaul to suit your vision and lifestyle needs.
What are some of the challenges of bathroom renovation?
Bathroom renovations present some common challenges, including:
- Choosing a design and products that integrate well with the overall style of your home. We consider your home’s architecture and décor to suggest options that provide continuity.
- Addressing underlying issues: There are often problems uncovered only once demolition begins like water damage, mold, or faulty plumbing that must be resolved prior to rebuilding the space. With our experience, we anticipate and plan for such potential issues.
- Maintaining a schedule: Given the complexities involved, diligent project management is required to keep the renovation running on schedule and budget. We oversee all moving parts and keep you informed at every step.
- Minimizing inconvenience: Renovating a well-used space like a bathroom in a home that is occupied during construction requires careful planning to reduce noise, dust, and worksite clutter for your household. We strive to ensure minimal interference with your daily routine.
Do you work with other contractors or is your staff in-house?
Unlike other contractors, Bathroom Renovators has an in-house team of designers, certified tradespeople, and project managers to handle all aspects of your bathroom renovation. From demolition through to final inspection, we do not subcontract work out. Maintaining a tight-knit staff allows us greater quality control, assurance in workmanship, transparency, and accountability to you throughout your project. Our team takes pride in seamless collaborations that transform your space into an enjoyable, worry-free retreat.